Animal Hospital of Parkland is seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician to help us care for our wonderful animal patients. Our hospital is part of the Cara Veterinary group of neighborhood veterinary practices, known for our commitment to pets, their families, and to each other! Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or looking to gain more experience before you sit for your license, we can provide you with a dynamic learning environment where your input and ideas are always welcome.
- Competitive compensation (all hospital positions are $15/hr. or above)
- Medical & dental insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays, including your birthday
- Employee pet care discount
- Uniform allowance
- Continued job training/educational opportunities
- Regular reviews and feedback
- Free Door Dash monthly membership
- Minimum 1 year animal care experience or equivalent training/education
- Veterinary technician skills including assessment, blood draws, lab testing, animal handling, drug administration, and surgical assist
- Excellent communication and client education skills
- Positive attitude
- A desire to build long-term relationships with pet parents & the community
Ready to Join Us?
Please send a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com.
Animal Hospital of Parkland is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
CARA VETERINARY CORE VALUE PILLARS
Put pets first. Our first priority is always with the health, happiness, and comfort of our patients. We have designed the Cara experience with the animal perspective in mind. And our care advice is based only on what is best for the pet.
Trust the parent. We believe that caring for an animal is a partnership built on mutual trust and humility. We trust parents to make the right decisions for themselves and their pets, and invite them to actively participate in care alongside us.
Authentically human. Caring for a pet involves the full spectrum of emotions, from joy to grief. We must lean into openness, empathy, and compassionate listening. We know when to be fun, and when to be serious. At all times, we foster supportive, positive, and authentically human hospital culture.
Good neighbors. Although our business is growing, we retain the attitude and spirit of a neighborhood vet. We welcome people in. We get to know our clients’ families and are proud to play an active role in our local communities.
Shake things up. We are always looking for a better way. In an industry that hasn’t seen a lot of innovation, we are experimenting with new ways of delivering care, delighting customers, providing unexpectedly human (and animal) touches, and infusing out hospitals with fresh ideas.