The Pets Of Tacoma Need You!
- Exceptional compensation & benefits w/sign-on bonus
- Located in Tacoma, WA (45 minutes from Seattle)
- Experienced DVMs and new grads welcome!
Animal Hospital of Parkland is part of the progressive Cara Group of neighborhood veterinary practices, known for our commitment to pets, their families, and to each other! We are seeking an experienced DVM or excellent recent graduate to join us at our state-of-the-art veterinary hospital. As a doctor with the Cara Group, you’ll have the freedom to make the best decisions for your local clients and their pets, but with the support and resources you need to provide exceptional care.
- Highly competitive base salary + commission
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Medical & dental insurance
- Flexible schedule with no on-call
- PTO & paid holidays off, including birthday
- Paid family & medical leave (WA state offers up to 12 weeks of paid leave to eligible employees)
- 401K with employer match
- License and professional organization dues (AVMA, State Medical Assoc, AAHA, VMB)
- Liability insurance
- Paid CE time
- Employee pet discount
- Uniform allowance
- Career growth opportunities
- Free Door Dash Monthly membership
- Great culture w/ a supportive team
- excellent communication skills
- positive attitude
- an interest or specialty you can bring to the practice or would like to pursue
- a desire to build long-term relationships with pet parents & the community
About Our Location:
Tacoma, WA is a scenic city on Puget Sound just 45 minutes outside downtown Seattle and 30 minutes from Sea-Tac International Airport. With a significantly lower cost of living than many northwest cities, Tacoma is culturally rich and walkable with a vibrant waterfront, great public schools and access to endless outdoor activities including boating, world-class fishing, hiking, biking, and more. We’re also right next door to the amazing Point Defiance State Park, featuring over 700 acres of bayfront trails, an aquarium and a zoo.
Ready to Apply?
We’d love to see a cover letter highlighting why you think you’d be a good fit for our practice as well as a fully updated resume. Please send all materials to Dr. Katie Rawlings, Head of Medicine –
Animal Hospital of Parkland is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
CARA VETERINARY CORE VALUE PILLARS
Put pets first. Our first priority is always with the health, happiness, and comfort of our patients. We have designed the Cara experience with the animal perspective in mind. And our care advice is based only on what is best for the pet.
Trust the parent. We believe that caring for an animal is a partnership built on mutual trust and humility. We trust parents to make the right decisions for themselves and their pets, and invite them to actively participate in care alongside us.
Authentically human. Caring for a pet involves the full spectrum of emotions, from joy to grief. We must lean into openness, empathy, and compassionate listening. We know when to be fun, and when to be serious. At all times, we foster supportive, positive, and authentically human hospital culture.
Good neighbors. Although our business is growing, we retain the attitude and spirit of a neighborhood vet. We welcome people in. We get to know our clients’ families and are proud to play an active role in our local communities.
Shake things up. We are always looking for a better way. In an industry that hasn’t seen a lot of innovation, we are experimenting with new ways of delivering care, delighting customers, providing unexpectedly human (and animal) touches, and infusing out hospitals with fresh ideas.